Many believe massages are a luxury and that they are really only taken as a treat or even given as a gift
However there are many factors that support getting massages on a regular basis to help support your body and give it the tlc that it required. There are also many reasons where getting massages on a regular basis is also brilliant for your mental health, which is such an important part of your life, especially during these testing times we are currently in with COVID-19 restrictions applied to many parts of our life.
We support the reasons for massages at Virtue Skin Clinics and offer a vast array massages to suit your requirements, and get your feeling reinvigorated. See some of the ways that massages can help support your body and also your mental health.
- Studies have proved that massages are an effective way to help reduce stress, pain and muscle tension. It is generally seen as a fantastic alternative for medicine. Without having to take medicines, massage helps to give you an alternative method with any symptoms you may have.
- Massage is also proven to provide support with anxiety, headaches, soft tissue strains, sports injuries, digestive disorders and insomnia related to stress. Again this goes against the common reasons people have a massage.
- One of the biggest ways to relieve stress is through massage. When you have a massage it relives the tension you may be facing and allows your body to relax and gets more blood flow around your body, which in turn relieves any tension you may be experiencing.
- Massage therapy may also improve circulation, which enhances the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to muscle cells and helps remove waste products.
Massages to support your mental health
In regards to your mental health, massage helps to relieve stress and relaxes you which in turns helps your mental health. It helps your body to be in a better place in terms of taking the physical strain away, allowing you to concentrate on clearing your mind and concentrating on things which matter. Massage help to calm your mind which in turn increases mental alertness.
At Virtue we offer a range of massages including:
- Hot stone back massage
- Back, neck and scalp massage
- Traditional Thai massage
- Swedish massage
- Muscle easing deep tissue massage
- Sports Massage